Friday 14 April 2017

Easter Kaleidoscope

Hello Dear Friends!
Get ready for a bomb of energy and an amazing feast of vibrant colors - that's what Kassa always does the best! ;)
A beautiful Easter / Springtime inspiration is waiting for you here today... I hope you'll enjoy this fabulous idea and make some Art with us!

*   *   *   *
Hi there lovelies, Kassa here again.
Happy Easter to each and everyone of you, hope you are enjoying a little creative time during this holiday season.

I am enjoying creating with luscious colors, glitters and my brand new Finnabair stamp set 'Don't Forget To Fly' - it's my new favourite set as it full of beautiful butterflies and cool circles in various sizes and designs, I feel I will be using it a lot!
I got to decorate eggs for this piece, how perfect are Finnabair's Art Ingredients for decorating with fine detail and sparkle - swooning...
Step 1 - On A4 sketch paper (135gsm) I randomly painted 5 different colours of the Metallique Art Alchemy paints.
I paint the warmer shades first, when dry I paint the cooler shades (let the colours dry between applications helps the colours stay true and not mix and blend into a muddy colour).
I apply approx 2 layers of the various colours and I blend the various colours into/over each other as the paintbrush gets less paint on it (drybrushing technique).
Step 2 - I only added a little stencil work over my background because the stamps I was going to use are beautifully delicate and detailed.
With one of Finnabair's large headed paintbrushes just pick up a very little of the Pure Sunshine paint, on a scrap of paper blend the paint into your brush before applying over the stencil on your background, apply randomly.
Step 3 - I used black Archival ink to stamp oodles of the lush circles and butterflies, then I enjoyed cutting them out with a cup of tea and catch-up tv... :)
Step 4 - The mini plastic eggs I coated with the Metallique paint first, whilst wet added a dab of coordinating Sparks paint, quickly sprinkled with coordinating Micro Beads and Glitter - so easy and they look so effective.
I did use my tweezers to help me during this messy painty session, helped not to get fingerprints on the eggs.
Step 5 - I like to create a shape before adhering anything down, but don't take too long finding a shape as you have to move it all to adhere; it's a good idea to take a picture to refer back.

Soft Matte Gel is  my number 1 choice when adhering paper to paper. Painting both surfaces, leave the edges unglued so you can slip and slide other circles under/over one another as you build and balance your shape organically and naturally.

Adhere the eggs, butterflies and random chip of old wood with Finnabair 3DMatte Gel as it is a thicker adhesive and will hold everything in place whilst it dries.
Step 6 - To soften the edges and pull my shape out I stampeed a few soft lines with a Doily stamp, using first the Pure Sunshine Metallique paint, then overstamp using black Archival Ink.
I sprinkled a few of the Mini Art Stones onto and below the chip of wood.
Step 7 - For the splatters I used a toothbrush, for little soft splatters just use watered down gesso/paint and for the long loose wilder splatters use your gesso/paint a little thicker (remember to cover anything you don't want splattering!).

Black glitter always adds drama and draws the eye so I pop a little under the chip of wood (as if it were a shadow) and a tiny drop into the middle of the butterflies and the splatters.
Step 8 - Finally with a small headed paintbrush I added a dab of the twinkly Sparks 'Dragon's Eye' onto the eggs, the Art Stones and the old chip of wood - this paint gives a look of opulence, a gold leaf sort of twinkle.
I also added a few random splatters with Sparks paints and watered down White Gesso.
The stamped and cut out butterflies added sweet final touches and more of a feeling of depth.


And then it was time for me to tidy up my colorful mess...
I have managed to splatter everything in sight! :)

I can't wait to see what you create this Eastertime!

Do go share you artwork with us up over on the Finnabair and friends Facebook page, it's a really warm and friendly group where anyone can share their creativity, tips and ask questions too.
xx







Products used:

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Loooooooove this Kassa! As always hun you've done a stunning job with a kaleidoscope of lush colours. Great to see the step by step tutorial, learnt some fab tricks......thanks lovely! Mwah Ali xx

Unknown said...

Superb 💕💕

Joanne said...

Fabulous technique and the result is such fun and stunning

Dortesjs said...

MYYY goodnes, this is awsome, i just love it. you inspire so o so much. must try this one day. great work. and a happy easter to you to ;O))

Redanne said...

Quite simply gorgeous! x

Craftfanka said...

Cudowna praca:)

Nanukis.arte said...

So beautiful...I love the colours. Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...